View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 12:25 PM
Green Horn

cdm is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My Mruder (bruder cat320 something look alike)

it's just a gearbox motor with a worm box instead of a planetary like what you generally see with these.

its nice because it isn't tall saving you space so you can have a flat undercarriage, also its worm gear so you dont need esc hold function to prevent turret from spinning or momentum from taking over.

its not nice because they are rather low torque compared to planetary rpm per rpm but with worm gears that's not really a big factor. you can't really stall them like you can with bevels/pinions

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12vdc-44rpm-...1185b9&vxp=mtr

I drew up the main plate today but didn't cut it. however once i overlaid it, it got me thinking. There is a new product out there like a 1" tall gearmotor that makes crazy torque @ 90rpm (70oz). I am going to fiddle with 4 of these along with 6t pinions.

Currently im running a single 77oz motor and am able to push dugged up earth sideways quite easy.... but i want more. so i figure i'll quadruple the power if this idea work, AND have even more space left over. if that doesn't work i'll go with the worm drive.

Last edited by cdm; 02-22-2013 at 12:28 PM.