View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 04:01 PM
Journeyman

rockNmayhem is on a distinguished road
Default Re: CAT 963 Full Hydraulic Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamer View Post
Tyler, fantastic job on the track loader. Might just get have to one myself. Just a quick question if you don't mind. The motor mounting rings, are they a push fit on the motor or are they installed with loctite.
Thanks Rob
Thanks Rob, the conversions are really quite simple but I like to make things a little more difficult if I can so I make all kinds of extra parts out of habit.

Anyways the motor mounts are attached to the motors with a tight center bore along with four set screws to adjust the motor and hold it firmly in place. I have no locktite on them currently but once I have everything good to go I may add a little blue locktite to the set screws so they don't have a chance to back out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Wow, Tyler, this has to be the nicest Bruder RC conversion I've ever seen. Great metal work, and beautiful machining. Quite the fit, to get all of the components inside the chassis, but you really pulled it off. I'd like to see some video, when it's all done.
Nathan thanks for the compliments. I have a lot of extra time into this build than I originally thought I would but hopefully in the end it will pay off and be able to do about anything I want it to do besides break hard ground easily. I can't wait to put the hydraulic pump to the test and run several buckets though it to see how it handles. I've already got a snow plow and blower attachment in the design stages as these last few days with these snow storms has had me thinking it'd be quite fun.

Tyler