View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 06:05 PM

Trucker47 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Possible Solution For Tracked Equiptment

sparkycuda - I had thought about that as well, but I would think that It would be taken off in a matter or seconds in the dirt. I also thought you could apply a non-stick teflon coating but that would not look to scale.

tracksntreadslou - Thanks you! I felt it was the best way to get things done sooner than later as In September I will begin full time school and no time to help out by doing this.

Catmack - No worries, no harm was done and you apologized so it is all good!

Update!

Have a little update that could be seen good or bad depending on how you see it. I got a quote back from a machine shop to have 225x 3-piece track links made, all CNC machined from an ISO 9001:2000, ISO 9001:2008, QS:-9000, ISO 14001:2004 certified machine shop ,made from 7075 Aluminum with a black hard anodizing. For $14.20 USD, which is a little much so I am going to work with them to reduce the cost and which will require switching to 6061-T6 Aluminum. If this happens to be the best path to be taken I will beef up the current design to withstand years of abuse.

Also just wanted to ask who would really be intrested in purchasing some tracks? I would need a pretty strong guarantee as the machine shop likes to do higher quantity orders and with a higher quantity the price per unit will drop. I can post dimensions if people would like. They are basically a direct bolt on setup for Vario machines and whatever other use you want!

I cannot guarantee any price right now as Im still working hard to make it affordable for everyone to have nice CNC metal tracks!!

Please let me know so if you would like some so I can get an updated quote for everyone!

Thanks everyone,

Chris

*Edit - Also just want to let everyone know that if many people decide they would like some I would prefer to do large orders every so often rather than small orders of the same item constantly, as It will save time, and most importantly money, as I can guarantee if you come to me later asking for say 75 track pads I will not be able to give you a good bulk price due to the machine shop prices, as I have to at minimum cover my costs.

Last edited by Trucker47; 02-26-2013 at 06:14 PM.