Thread: Bull Bars
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 08:17 AM
Green Horn

WhiteWolf McBride is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bull Bars

Agreed, Cossie!

I begged a while back for just aluminum replacements for the stock Tamiya plastic pieces, and no-one replied. There are all-metal ones available on eBay now, and for about the same price as the Tamiya.

I have one of the all-metal ones, so I could send the uprights from my Tamiya for duplication, if anyone is willing. As there are two tall-inner and two short-outer ones, I could send two sets out as examples. The cross-rods are easily done, 1x X-length, 2x Y-length, tapped for 3mm (the metal-kit ones are smaller, and I hope to re-tap them for 3mm) then the crosspiece for mounting. I'd bet there a good market for 'replacement-uprights'...

I'd also be interested in metal replacements for the flatbed stake mounts, and the stake-posts as well. I could make the posts if I had to, its simply aluminum U-channel with a hole in one end, after all.

I'd like to be able to make some wire cross-bows, so I can turn my Tamiya flat into a curtain-side ragtopper (making the top myself!) so some extra tweaks would be appreciated.

Guys?