View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 06:40 AM
Wannabe

JDH429 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: School me on hydraulic components

Joe, what a great thread this is turning into. For some reason i thought you had ordered your JD850 from Stahl..when you had received the broken arm and were misssing parts. So its actually a Vario. I guess the Son of Stahl, Lars, had some BIG shoes to fill. I hope he can get that business straightened out but in the meantime Looks like Fumotec is taking the reins. What do you think the reason is for Fumotec to produce the Komatsu PC490(1/14 scale?) being it looks like a smaller model than the Hitachi 870? Is it maybe a new start for the new company? Its more comparable to the hitachi 470 i guess, a smaller unit. Either way it sounds like a great company worth watching. And do you know will Fumotec produce the JD850 or a similar sized model like yours or is that going to be owned by Vario from now on?

Ok so taking your advise on the cylinder size, i understand the home brew wouldnt be digging hard ground but im interested in building something that can dig dirt, not load mulch or plastic pellets?... Ill see what options there are on the cylinder sizes. If upgrading to a larger bore will affect flow, i imagine the pump may need to be larger too or speed may suffer if i understand the mechanics correctly.

I think i may just start saving for a machine. And save my build for something less complicated on the hydraulics side. I dont know which way to go yet. Your JD 850 is incredible and like you said youll never need another. Its the heart of your operation.

Ive always been one to stop and listen to my peers and the wealth of knowledge they have to offer. Your help is greatly appreciated and i consider your time valuable and there for a real privilege. thank you, jason

Last edited by JDH429; 03-06-2013 at 06:50 AM.