View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 03:15 PM
Green Horn

cdm is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My Mruder (bruder cat320 something look alike)

Made the huge mistake of ordering from onlinemetals.. a week to ship and they are drop shipping each piece on its own from all over the country. no tracking #s either. they just show at the door at random. never again. scammers.

on the flip side, 3rd order from mcmaster this week came in today so i could get some more work done..

Spent about 2 days making the boom pretty.... im also working on the stick but that is drying so no photos.

Still needs a few more coats (got too cold, had to stop painting), some decals and then a clearcoat just to seal decals in.

decided the track boogies looked too much like a ww1 tank so i added some metal to bulge the outside a bit.... still working on the final shape but it also allows me to hide the cross bolts...

progressing on building out the lower body. the screw holes i'll probably fill in when all is said and done. they aren't even since i don't want to risk seam splitting even though i drilled them out quite well.

the center carriage section... i tried to weld the 2 sides to the top but too much heat.. however i figured out how to attach them. i will show you later.