View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 11:46 AM
Apprentice

MoRockN is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1/14 4x8 Armageddon Hydraulic Dump Truck

Alrighty, here we go:

Here it is, no bent parts, no broken windows, no leaky oil.

Now I'm gonna give you the cons first but I will also tell you why because I got answers from RC4WD.
First is the battery tray, it's not going to fit your standard batteries so some small custom one will have to ordered.

Next is the cab, it hits the spare tire and the fire extinguisher when you lift it.

Both issues due to trying and keep the cab scale looking and spaced out like the real thing. I actually love the cab and how lower the roof line is.

The steering geometry was a little off out of the box but I was able to fix it since it does say for skilled builders and not and entry level kit.

Now besides this, this truck is freaking OUTSTANDING !!! Drives Soo smooth and sounds amazing, the sound is some sort of SMX copy, the only thing is it doesn't have reverse beeper. The speaker box is very well engineered and hidden in the back portion of the roof.

Steering set up is good, needs some adjusting but very cool.

Suspension is very flexible and looks just like the scaleart set up. The diffs and tranny are ran from the same servo, once you go to low gear, the servo also locks the diffs. And all the tranny components are metal and shifts very smoothly.

The scale details

And now time for some oil , my favorite part the fuel tank, now make sure to fill the tank before using the pump, it's hard to fill as it doesn't have a breathing hole, so my solution was to use a fuel tubing from an rc car then a put a piece of hydraulic line on the other side, voila, problem solved.

Now I have not used it long enough to give you any more pictures or details but I can tell you that this beast is freaking strong and can lift a massive amount of weight, if it big enough to fit in the dump box, it will left it.
The radio is cheap Chinese kind but it works, nothing fancy but I am gonna use my own anyways so here it is

Last words, If you are thinking about this truck, BUY it as you will not find anything that will match it for the price. It's no scaleart as far as the fancy metal cab, but for a 1/4 the price its the almost generic version of it and lots bigger. I will post pictures of it next to a Scaleart 8x8 soon and I will post more pictures once I get it finished the way I like it, after just a little time outside, I decided it does not need the front axles driven at all, so gonna leave it alone.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
If you got it, a Trucker brought it....

Last edited by MoRockN; 03-08-2013 at 11:49 AM.