View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 04:44 PM
Journeyman

rockNmayhem is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Work Shop For Me!!!

Well as with any project or build there is always a first design then there are versions 1.5 and so on and so forth so why not have the same when building a new work room?

Anyways I got to thinking today that I just felt like I didn't have enough usable room that I'd like to have so I rearranged a little bit this evening and came up with design phase #2. I just didn't like not having any shelf or work bench space next to me that I was so accustomed to so I moved my work bench that I had the lathe on over next to the long leg of the bench where I would be building and decided that is what I was looking for.

I really like having the bench next to me and it almost doubles the work top area from only being 8ft long to now having another 6ft section next to it allowing me plenty of work top space and extra under counter storage next to me as well.

I also plan on putting several more shelves on the left side of the peg board over the new work bench to maximize all the available space I have. The shelves are only going to be 2ft wide but they will work good to keep hardware and odds and ends parts for projects on.

There are still a few things I need to add to it such as shelves underneath and put a back to it but hopefully I can tinker with that later this week after I get time to run to the hardware store. I also need to extend the top of the bench and fill in the 2ft void but that will make a nice little cubby hole underneath to store other stuff.

Anyways here are some new pics of what design stage #2 looks like so far.

And as you can see it didn't take long to start filling shelves up with what little bit I already had.

I'll keep updated with the new changes and hopefully there aren't too many more as I'm ready to start building my newest projects and get a few more things finished up soon.

Thanks for all the compliments guys and gals,

Tyler