View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 09:47 PM
Green Horn

cdm is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My Mruder (bruder cat320 something look alike)

I am fitting in each plate and when i have it all lined up up i'll cut the teeth out of the front and then seam weld any gaps and grind smooth. Then i'll make and attach the side scoops and what have you not. Since i cannot extrude or bend metal, i am forced to piece it together. What a monumental pain drilling and tapping all that...... Although screwing them in allows me to remove each and adjust as needed. I thought about making the teeth removable but (like a tooth comb), i dont think i'll wear these out so scrapped that idea.

Width is 90mm inside and lenght.. not even sure. Probably scales up to 6cubic yards if we assume bruder went with the biggest 2.5cy bucket in their model.

Also worked some more on the cab. I should start on the rock guards soon and then i can paint and attach the glass.

ps. also remade the turntable motor mounts last night and cut out the chain holes through the chassis. mounting the servos will be a bit tricky since im blind holing it.. the bigger mounts wouldn't fit so i have to blind drill from the bottom so to speak.. there are ways around that but just fiddly.. so fiddly. i was actually off by 1 .2mm shim on the turntable motors for a perfect side to side symmetry. not bad for eyballing it! one side took 2 .2mm shims and the other 1 to get the same gear mesh.

Last edited by cdm; 03-13-2013 at 09:54 PM.