View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 05:52 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road
Default Re: S&M Trucking open for bizz nizz !!!

Hey everyone. Getting so close to the finish on Susans truck and then ran into some trouble that i finally dealt with today!
Heres what happened.... i was mapping out hole locations for the lights in the plates Keith made for me. I marked them out carefully on the polished side of the plates because I knew there would be a burr left from drilling and didnt want to drill from the back side. Unfortunately, my metal ruler had a burr on it I didnt know about and as i slid it along the plate I scratched the crap out of the beautiful polished finish Keith did!!
Then I realized the rookie mistake i made! I could have marked the holes on the back side and just drill a smaller hole to start, then finish the right size from the front! ....lesson learned.

Anyway, I was so mad! this entire build was going great and suddenly when I caused damage I had to put the brakes on! I did some research on polishing, talked to Keith and some guys at work.
I finally got the nerve to give it a try and it was a complete success and I can now move on with the build! Scratches are gone, plates look great and i started wiring today.

I got these very nice, pre wired 1.8mm leds from a site Dabears suggested.
heres where Im at with the cab lights.

Just one more thing i havent found yet.... shrink tubing which is small enough for 32 gauge magnet wire. I hope to find locally tomorrow. I want to have this baby running and take a video this weekend!

thanks for looking any and all comments welcome

Mario