View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 09:23 PM
Green Horn

cdm is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My Mruder (bruder cat320 something look alike)

the rough cut on the rake. going to finish it up tomorrow in the light. the teeth and the space in between them is slanted. i think i'll sharpen it all to a very child unfriendly degree.......

screwed in and welded the rest of the bucket, except this piece here. once i finish it up, its going in and getting seamed in. then attach my mount and call it a day. should do it tomorrow.

my latest batch of stuff from germany made it in today so yay. have to pick it up tomorrow.

deburred and resealed the control valve. 4mmX1mm seals on the plungers. if it still leaks... i'll be upset. but not too much, as i am thinking of upgrading to the 5 valve one.

ps. 3rd broken tap. 3mm is a nightmare to tap apparently due to size. at 8$ each it gets old fast. i am not getting any chip clearing really, so i have to back in and out little by little till its all threaded in. each time clean the debris out of the hole. if you go a hair too deep at once it snaps, usually on the counterspin.. blind holes, no issue with through holes.

also need to go pick up some more of that awesome hitachi orange from ace.

Last edited by cdm; 03-14-2013 at 09:31 PM.