View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 05:12 PM
Green Horn

cdm is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My Mruder (bruder cat320 something look alike)

began making my cab guard.. if i can find them, i will mount some cool lights under the ledge. leds i can fit, its the casings that will be an issue finding that small that look good (or i could just make my own, fiddly but if it has to be done... hmm!). not sure if i want to make a front piece or just the top one. once i mount and offset this one i'll decide.

gotta love shrinking putty but i found that the tamiya one, once it shrinks, it doesnt deform over time and it really sticks great to the styrene. so i just overply it/layer it till it fills up. looks scary i know!

there is no floor because the floor will be a separate piece. this way i can take it out and maybe do an interior at some point. although i really want to put in a wireless camera in there so i can dig from the comfort of my home...... then again, i can just make 2 floors. 1 with interior, the other with FPV and exchange them as needed. but i am getting ahead of myself.

i forgot to mention, my replacement seals came in. i actually got in 2 orders before they arrived. took like 2 months. figured i would mention that before i forget. deutche post is weirdddddddddddd. sometimes 4 days (really!), and then 8 weeks.

Another correction for those who actually read everything. the drive servos are rated at 212OZ/17RPM @6v, not at 100ish as previously noted. I think i was mixing them with the parallax which i also have (weak crap). Im running a 2:1 reduction now so that should be plenty unless i want to do pivots on carpet; that won't cut it i am sure. takes an assisine amount of power to achieve that/ but we wont be pivoting on the carpet anyhow.

my turntable motors are 70oz each @ 90rpm, running a 1:14 reduction. there is 2 of them. bench tests with a 1.5v battery made them into a grinder. i have no doubt i'll tear the boom off before they stall with 12v.

Last edited by cdm; 03-23-2013 at 05:31 PM.