View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 11:49 AM
Green Horn

cdm is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My Mruder (bruder cat320 something look alike)

After leaving the upper body out in the rain and ice for a few days i found a few seams that need attention. While my cool new hardcore filler dries i tackled the carriage wiring yet again. Still need to connect the turntable motors and the little plug next to the switch is the charge connection. Still thinking of a good place to put the on/off switch and charge plug.. Every single component is independent and can be unplugged and replaced when the time comes. Finally found some JST connectors with soft wire so bending it all and tieing as needed is not an issue. That's why i left planty of slack on each wire. Also i dont think i'll even connect the balance leads.. I can't imagine the cells getting out of balance with the pitifull amp draw they will facilitate.

Also the chains are not rusted in the photo above. That's from my torch flash drying them to prevent rust. Some of the left over factory gunk grease just burned

Also colorsanded and clearcoated the boom last night. Will not do the stick as that will take a beating anyway. Also played with the pressure screw on the pump. Not sure what i set it at.. 15bar? Let's see what breaks/leaks. From weighting parts so far it seems i am going to be right at my new target weight of 40lbs.

Last edited by cdm; 03-27-2013 at 11:56 AM.