View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 01:59 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hauling Dirt out of my basement (present day)

5" dia? The tractor lug for the wheel loader is solid rubber & the other has thick sidewalls, both 5" outer dia. Inner diameters for both wheels are 60mm or 2.4"

This foam Reg, would it carry 80lbs on four tires without excessive squat? ...basement floor is anything but flat! I think the oak donut might work famously... if not, then I'll have to start from scratch to make something else entirely to use these solid rubber wheel loader tires... maybe we make a trade?

You betcha Nathan, that steel bucket is very noticeable with its additional steel weight, but even moreso with its 2.25" longer depth (@5" total), add to that the BB's in the tires and jacking up the pressure from 12bar to 17 bar, tilting the bucket down won't lift the front tires off the ground anymore! Chances are the bucket cyl needs to be replaced, the oil might be slipping by the piston; the seal drips a bit too... I need to change all 5cyls on this loader, as they all seep a bit... what a mess it all makes!!! However, the twin loader arm cyls have zero trouble lifting a bucket full quickly with the higher pressure.

I understand exactly what you're saying Grady, a 45* splice would definitely be better than a 90* butt joint for a smoother roll... but I don't have any extra to redo the job. Although, after wrapping the rim with each layer - I think 5 layers, then removing it from the rim to scrunch & stuff into the tire, I think I distorted the true shape I previously had & probably didn't gain much... these are crawler tires for lightweight scalers, not meant at all for what I'm trying to do. But I'm gonna try the oak donut before giving up on them totally.

Joe