View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 08:18 PM
Green Horn

cdm is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My Mruder (bruder cat320 something look alike)

i made a pass through block. This will take the cables from the boom and send them to the valve. I am trying to shorten cables i have to cut during disassembly and also getting nice cable routing. I will use a combo of straight and 90d fittings as needed. Lower boom cyls are pass through, those up the boom (2 on each side) are 90d most likely. Hopefully buswick has what i need, my maiden order with them is due next week. If those fit, awesome. I am concerned about the thread lenght on nipples. Leimbach is quite short which is great.

This will route the tubing from the block above and onto the boom, a bit like leibherr style (which i love because the way it gets the cables out of your way down below). I drilled this as a joke so 2 in the center are actually off the line a bit. But i like it actually. I'll cut them both to final shape and mount once i get fittings in. Dont want to drill nothing in my boom till i know it will stay there

it goes here.

I am pretty much done with my hydro oil tank enclosure. The actual tank is done and tested, this is just the cover around it i am making. Depending on how much fluids are consumed tonight i will either get a lot done, or nothing else. hah

cheers

The waiting games are real.