View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 01:59 AM
Green Horn

cdm is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My Mruder (bruder cat320 something look alike)

Its raining cats and racoons so ive been working on other projects mostly.

I managed to destroy one of my turntable motors force spinning the upper half by hand (it was hard, so hard). No gear damage but busted the upper bushing so the shaft now wobbles. I ordered a few more just to have in stock.. Replacement isn't bad at all.

Got my fittings in from beswick.. i will require a new deeper boom manifold block.. stripped the soft alum threads very easy. the beswick theads are longer so they went in deeper as is, leaving little space for fluid; expected. I am not happy with their inflated shipping charges but the brass fittings are cheaper than the german stainless ones and get here in 2 days.. ill use them for the rest of fittings, but ill never spend 30$ on one of their quick disconnects (LOL)

fittings themsselves are nice, no machining errors but a very small buna gasket. your mating surface better be polished or it will leak. the barb is single but very sharp. it bites well into the hose

The waiting games are real.

Last edited by cdm; 04-12-2013 at 02:02 AM.