View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 01:12 PM
Green Horn

cdm is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 4200XL Pump Motor Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1 Dirt View Post
No - This is a NEW replacement motor. It should have been ready to roll as received. I expected it to be OE (guess it was, it failed).

The motor shaft is smooth. I took the original motor apart and there are no notches or flat spots. I don't intend to take this one apart.

Depending on what I hear from RC4WD, I'll probably try knurled cove point set screws, then cone point, then cone point after drilling a detent.

As a last resort, I'll try a retaining compound. I called Loctite and the lady said that Loctite 290 is a wicking threadlock that can be used as a retaining compound. The only problem might be the shaft/housing tolerance - too tight, too loose, or just right.

There are a few warm, sunny days forecast and I'm anxious to get this digger outside in the dirt
you are complicating things for yourself and im not sure why.

take a small file or a dremel and notch the shaft where the grub screw digs in. problem solved.

why would there be notches inside the motor?!

see that slot/notch? thats what gets the grub screw to bite..

as you see their motor IS notched.

maybe the new versions of the bager don't have that but it should. the pump is cross drilled like their (vehicle) shafts and thats where the screw has to be alligned to bite pump side.

The waiting games are real.

Last edited by cdm; 04-22-2013 at 01:20 PM.