Thread: Volvo EC300D
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 09:13 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Volvo EC300D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Reg, just finished reading your build thread on the Volvo again! You are a metal working master. Amazing how you can making something out of nothing! I really enjoyed the in cab videos. What kind of camera are you using? I thought that your skidder was all finished? If only I had your metal working skills.......
Trying to make something out of nothing is the best part! My fiancée is the first person I go to when I've used some sort of junk that's been sitting around. She is a neat freak so it helps justify my hoarding when she sees that I've put it to good use.

I have one of the first gen GoPro Hero HD cameras. It's been really good, I've filmed a lot of motocross-trail rides as well as some of our commercial fishing too. My battery has bulged so I need to pick up a new one for it. I would really like to have one of the new GoPro's because they have a remote. I would say that the lack of remote control is the biggest drawback to the one I have.

The skidder is finished short of the hydraulic pump and cylinders. I may try to in-list the help of my father in-law so that I can get it done by the show in July. I really want to see it pull some logs!

Reg