View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 10:46 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: My first piece of equipment - Carson Track Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy16 View Post
Can't wait to see the build, I'm currently saving for one of these, hopefully I don't have to save for too long though.
Goodluck with the build.
Thanks buzzy! Getting over the sticker shock is a little tough, but out of all the models available, I don't think there is a better entry level machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thuangs View Post
Congratulations!! Looks awesome.
Thanks thuangs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulrich View Post
Hi Nathan,
congrats on the loader. It´s really a nice peace of equipment. Mine has some hours on the clock and I´m still happy with the purchase. As I see you the servonaut M220 as well. Be carefull whilst connecting. You have to mirror one of the motors. One drivechannel has a 100%, the other one just 50%. It does run anyway, but really slow. I just tell because me and two other guys over here made se same mistake.

bye
Ulrich
Hi Ulrich, thanks for the advice! I will keep that in mind. I'm curious how you have your channels set up. What sticks are assigned to the tracks and loader? I haven't read the M220 manual yet, so I'm not sure if I can run the track functions on one stick, and the bucket/loader on the other. I think that is how I would like to do it, if possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by titandigs View Post
Good luck with your track loader, I also have looked at these machines with envy. I was lucky enough to be at the Dortmund fair in Germany this month. I was able to see the model running and have a go with it. So now I have it in Australia and like you are looking forward to digging some dirt. I have ordered the original paint colour from Leibbherr which should be here in two weeks, then let the digging begin.
Paul
Thank you Paul! When I first saw these models being built by other members, I did some research, I realized if I could only buy one piece of equipment, this would be the one. It's just the most affordable, functional model out there right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
oh boy now the needle will be sittin on the shelf for the next few years JK , congrats Nate , now build er up .
Ha ha, Steve, yes, probably! But I hope not! I am not sure if I will finish the Kenworth first, before digging into the Carson, but I would like to get both of them running!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaf343 View Post
Congratulations Nate, I can't wait to see what you do with it. I'm sure it's going to be a master piece just like everything else you build. We will be watching this build.
Thanks Keith! I hope you share some build photos of your Carason track loader as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc1cat View Post
Congrats Nathan!! Glad you got one My deal for one fell thru so I am back to saving for something with tracks and a bucket.
Thank you Lynn! I figured I have been spending a bit less money on the hobby then usual, so why not splurge a little, this one time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYHowie View Post
Nathan, How much to have it sitting there? I can not figure out the euro conversion.
NYHowie, I hate to throw numbers around in this thread, so I will PM you in a bit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus View Post
Hey Nathan, I can't wait to see your Green and Yellow John Deere version! Are you getting the ripper too?
Thanks Craig! Green and yellow? I hope not! Grey and yellow, with a Deere emblem, will be a tough enough pill for an International Harvester fan to swallow, but I have always thought the Deere machines look sharp. Love the chrome stacks they all have! On the ripper, I am not sure yet! It would be cool to have, but I don't know that I would use it much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallHaul View Post
Congrats Nathan! Looking forward to seeing it come together.
Thanks Scott! Me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
Nice! You're gonna finish the KW first though right....Guess you need to build that old-school dump you were talking about for the needle nose for sure now.
Reg, I think I suffer from some kind of modeling ADD. Yes, I will keep plugging away at the Kenworth! Man, now I'm going to have to build a trailer. Maybe two. End dump and something to haul this loader around. Snowball effect! Looking at this track loader kit, the majority of assembly work deals mostly with the cab. A lot of the model is metal, welded together, in rather large, and finished sub-assemblies. I was surprised.

Last edited by Espeefan; 04-30-2013 at 10:55 AM.