View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 12:34 PM
Wannabe

Seilbagger is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Menck M90 german rope excavator 1:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvjimd View Post
Wolfgang,

One more question. I notice in your video a bit of slack in the ropes as you operate. Do you have trouble keeping the ropes on the pulleys? Do you do anything special to keep them in place, or try to operate without allowing slack?

I have a lot of trouble with this on my drag rope coming off the bottom pulley. I think part is because the small line (thread) is so light weight.

Thinking I may need to make some sort of cover or something over the pulley?

Jim

Hi Jim,

some rolleys are covered, all in the clamshell bucket, and the rolleys in the top of the boom

I have the same problem with slack in the ropes, to avoid this: excercice, excercice, excercice.........

After a time, its easy to operate with the dragline, also the clamshell. The most difficult is the backhoe. Reason: the german backhoes had tilting buckets, so you must operate with three drums in the same time

Best Regards
Wolfgang

Wolfgang

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.