View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 03:06 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: What am I missing!!!

Mario, I'm not a pro, but after all the wet sanding is done I've gotten some great results using just my Dremel and the Dremel polishing rouge, along with their white felt buffing wheels. That said, I don't think you'll ever get the aluminum to be perfect from all angles. My fenders, for example, turned out nice, but I think from the right angle some haze can be seen. I really don't notice it much.

Here is a kit that includes the rouge and felt wheels.

http://www.dremel.com/en-us/Tools/Pa...spx?pid=684-01

I think you're on the right path. I don't really know any tricks except to always travel in the same direction when you polish. Sounds like you are doing everything right, and I'll agree that Mother's aluminum polish seemed to give me worse results then just using the Dremel rouge with a felt wheel. Wax did the same. Something you could try is to wipe down the aluminum with Windex before you do a final polish. Ammonia cleans bare metals very well. Let us know if you ever figure this out! We could all use the tips.