View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 02:47 PM
Green Horn

cdm is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My Mruder (bruder cat320 something look alike)

Now all i have to do is wire a few connectors. The electronics sit on the small plate, mounted on the hydro plate, which is mounted on the main body plate thingie. A few screws takes it all apart and contains any oil leaks to nothing electronic. the bec is mounted beneath the esc. speaking of esc, i decided the fxr was an overkill so i got this one instead and moved the fxr to another project. it produced great smooth curves during testing so im finally happy with it.

the motor is a 65 turn so i can just run it at 100% and not worry about amp draw or rpms. for those keeping track, went from 20 to 45 to 65.

the hose sleeves.. this was a pain. the plastic ones could not be drilled out but i ended up drilling the leimbach ones to 4.5mm ID. in stock form i could NOT get them over the nipples last night.. ended up breaking a swivel joint trying to (fortunately i have a replacement, just 1 spare. ugh) but drilling to 4.5 fixed that. snug as a bug. i drilled out 20, but will need a few more. stock they are like 4.1mm i think.

the tank is all metal encased in plastic for looks as previously mentioned. yes it does have supports on the underside.

ps. i need a 4.5mm box wrench.. so does anyone else working with leimbach 3mm swivels

The waiting games are real.

Last edited by cdm; 05-11-2013 at 02:51 PM.