View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 01:25 AM

nenard is on a distinguished road
Default Re: metal round rear fenders

You can make your own. Some one posted a tutorial either here or on the old Garden Trucking forum. Get a round piece of solid metal bar. I got a 3" and 4" diamiter slice off of ebay. They are about 5" long. Some of those ajustable muffler clamps, they have screws so you can tighten them. I used thin sheet aluminum sold at any auto parts,Lowes etc. Score the metal with a ice pick or screw driver. After you score it you can pop it on a counter edge like plastic. Figure out how deep you want the lip of the fenders. Plus how wide to cover dual wheels or say super single. Wrap the aluminum around the metal bar. Use the clamp to hold in place. I used 2 quarters stacked on each other to set the lip depth. Tighten the clamp and lightly hammer down your lip. The easier you go the less clean up you'll have after. When you have the whole lip down, sand and hammer till its flat. Unscrew the clamps. Sand with finer grade papers till smooth. Polish or paint. Ive used the Aeromax skirt supports to hold the fenders to the chassis. You can make them deep as you want and its not hard at all. Sorry for the long post but tried to include everything.

Last edited by nenard; 05-29-2013 at 01:38 AM.