View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 11:05 AM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of
Default Re: My new dozer, go ahead and laugh but it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuff View Post
vintage!!
The T9 would not have to be vintage since I think the undercarriage is the same on both. It was the top half that got most of the changes on the newer one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seilbagger View Post
Hi Travis,

i'm a great fan of those old machines and this dozer is amazing. Slower motors, some applications and a driver, than this will looking better than every modern dozer. Nice work and uncreadible looking.
Thanks much, I think the motors will be fine once I get a new esc for them. The esc I am using now is one that Stahl used in their equipment and it is way out dated and very inefficient. It uses relays, logic cards, and trim pots which can be a pain to get it to work. The esc also does not offer good fine control for lower speeds and makes the dozer look jerky in its movements. The new Sabertooth should make it drive a lot smother and still have the speed if I want it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingcam2 View Post
hey Travis

Your NYLINT conversion looks great, I like your idea to convert an old sandpit tonka instead of converting a plastic toy as I think it will out live a plastic toy any day.

Regards from Cam.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Sue View Post
Awesome conversion.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodyman View Post
Travis, bring it to indy
It will be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie r/c nut View Post
Gotta love these old toys they will last forever great job on the conversion look great .
I hope so it is fun to operate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Yeah! It looks like it fast enough to ge some AIR!!!
Maybe but I wont be stopping to clean out the tracks.

Thanks to all for looking.
Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11