View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 11:05 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of
Default Re: VATERRA Twin Hammers 1.9 Rock Racer

Well after some more time at the wheel of this one I added the sway bars which the front one helped some on the stability but the way the rear one attaches it is pretty well useless. I also added the front diff locker and it helped with the crawling part of the truck and helped some with the stability in a turn. Over all I was still not happy with the truck especially with the performance compared to the $400 price tag.

My friend and owner of the hobby shop I go to had all ready figured out I was not happy with the truck so he suggested I trade it in and look at something else. I had planed to get a Tamiya Super Hot Shot but I have been doing a lot of work on Nitro cars for some friends and started thinking about getting one again. I have always stayed away from nitro because my first experience with owning one did not go well. It was a Duratrax Maximum ST (piece of junk) and I disliked it so much I converted it to electric. But after working on some nicer trucks I decided to give it a try again. I traded in the Twin Hammer for an Associated Monster GT 4.60, 1 gallon of fuel, and a glow igniter even up. So far I am very happy with the new truck.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11