View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 02:13 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

1985 kenworth is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Something i have always wanted to do

my first time was my dad was working at a disposal company and they had just purchased a brand new tandem international loadstar to be fitted with a rear load garbage packer and previous to that my dad let me steer on his lap when he picked it up from the dealership,anyway i told you that because that day him and a few of the mechanics had a few brews when they were getting ready to install this packer on the chassis of the new truck and my dad made a bet with the mechanic guy that i could drive .they gave me the keys i started the truck and i moved it from the yard to the shop .needless to say who needs a diesel engine for vibration i was shaking so much from nervousness. my dad won the bet and from then on i got to be the shunt kid in the yard ..i was 8 years old then .then when i was 16 i went to the carolina's with dad and he let me drive the single axle fleetstar he had with a load of foam a few times and i have been hooked ever since 8 .i agree it was the greatest feeling for you to be sitting behind the wheel of a piece of machinery like that with all of the harnessed power under your right foot pedal