View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 05:32 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ATHS show Duncan BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Great photos, Reg. Looks like a really good time. All that vintage logging equipment is very cool too. I especially like that green and white 1950-ish Kenworth needle nose. Is it's grille painted white too? I think I've seen photos of this Kenworth on the web, in various other places. Is the owner from Canada?

Looking at that Hayes, parked next to the Kenworth 850, I can't help but notice the trucks look a lot alike. You're KW 850 looks awesome. That little kid standing next to it looks tiny, but I just have to remind myself that your 850 is a monster!
The 55 needle nose is from the island here. The grill is painted a matt silver and the truck looks even nicer in person.

The Hayes and Kenworth parked side by side are just babies although they do look similar. The Hayes is an HD model(HDX is the big one) and the Kenworth is a LW924 highway truck.

I went back to the show for a bit today by myself. I wanted to see what it was like on a Sunday as I had heard that it was the better day last year. Today was pretty slow there, only about have the trucks and fewer people too....must have been because we weren't there to put on a show...

I took a couple more pictures of my mini 850 with a Hayes HDX(Hayes largest truck) and an old 1951 Pacific Off-highway...