View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 02:51 PM
Journeyman

sparkycuda is on a distinguished road
Default Re: D9R and 463 pull scraper

Thanks Joe and everyone for the response and advice about the orings. My Komatsu dozer is a very slow build. Been traveling a lot for work - last time I even took my mini-lathe and turned out four bottom rollers during the evenings at the hotel. I finally figured out the drivetrain and got gears, bearings and motors. Have modified cordless drill planetaries for the final drive and sourced pinion and bullgears along with bearings. Got a mini-mill about a month ago and have practiced using it - much more accurate and easy to use than the Dremel-in-a-drill-stand I "machined" the pivot shaft covers with. I will be building the tracks completely, which will take time, but have found only one product that is close to correct pitch (20.4 mm) for my dozer, but would cost about $500 just for the links and pads - too much for my wallet. Have taken pictures - just reluctant to post yet, since it will be a while before it looks like anything. I am always amazed how quickly some of you build things - to me it's astonishing fast! Machining is a skill I'm aquiring slowly - have to double check everything I do, which slows completion times. But I'm getting better at it. Seeing the work that people on this forum do, keeps me motivated.

Sorry for the lengthy posting...

Ken