View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013, 01:35 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: RCP57's first King...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
The box on the truck in the pictures is "borrowed" so there won't be a cab guard on it but the box that I have at the powder coaters does and you are right, the pipes do look less out of place.

I think maybe my wife was upset with the smell because the truck isn't painted her favourite color...come to think of it the truck was her favourite color before I painted it...hmmm

I use self made dies(spelling) to press out the side panels. One shot, all done! I don't have the skills required to make two of the same if I had to make all those bends with a box/pan brake. I do however make the rest of it this way.

More pics later!
Reg, did you machine your die out of aluminum or steel? That's a great way to go, when you want to make duplicate parts. I did the same for my fuel tank straps, after I made 4 by hand and they all ended up being a different length and having different sized eyelets. Drove me crazy, and then I thought, why I don't I make a die....