View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013, 11:17 AM

kaipi0070 is on a distinguished road
Default Globe Liner Old school

Hey Guys,
well I want to show you my new Globe Liner. I´ve built the truck the last weeks.
First of all, I thought how I could change the front, especially the Grill and, most important, the lights!!

So I ordered the Grill from rc4wd, but this one just matches for the King Hauler, so this one goes to EBay. As you can see, I got me the bedlock rims, really like them!
And I got me the Lights from Wedico, that makes a better look!

So I started up with cutting the original Grill, using that one:

Then I closed the Old Lights an put the new ones in position:

After that I added some plastic to the sides of the grill, just to make it look a little better.

Just to change the look a little more, I got me a front bumper form rigid rc, already with the holes for the LED´s drilled.

Then I started with painting the Body. I looked at quite a lot of pics in the net, to get some inspiration. Finally, I decided to paint the Globe in three colours.

First I mixed Tamiya white and chrome silver 1:1 and yused this as the base.
Then came the dark blue from Tamiya, mixed with a little bit gold.

Finally I sprayed some light blue, also mixed with a little bit of gold. Finished it now looks like this:

I also echxanged all the brass bearings to balbearings, the motor is a Carson poison truck. In the truck works a servonaut S20 speedcontroller and the Servonaut ML4 for the lights.

After I did all the wiring yesterday, the Globe was ready for the first drive outside. With a little delay, I forgot the resistor at the LED´s on the back, so they had to be replaced.......

Now some small things still need to be done, like the interior, but then this one is ready for the road!!