View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 10:05 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RCP57's first King...

Quote:
Originally Posted by oztruck View Post
Very fine conversion. The fit, quality of workmanship, and overall finish is very professional. Well done keep the ideas coming.

Chris
Thanks very much Chris. I think the powder coat makes it look much more professional and complete than leaving it raw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpipespete View Post
WOW ! That looks amazing Reg. I think it depends where you live as to what style you might like. I know for myself i like our style dumpbox and rear bumper ( as pictured above ) All i can say Reg is i hope you do very well with your new venture and keep one for me until April ! Mike
Thanks Mike! Let me know when you need it and I will have one ready!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCLogger View Post
I am speechless again Reg ! _ \|~<>€£¥ -/:;()&

Greg
Thanks Greg, I'm just trying to keep up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracksntreadslou View Post
Reg you dont %$#& around do you bud..wish could build that fast ..once again good work
Do you wish yours was powder coated? I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamer View Post
For doing such fabulous work, I've sent you a great TGIF, enjoy.
Thanks for the reward Rob. Those quality videos are always too short!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Stacks are still too tall Reg... some operators, ya know?! you're just baiting 'em to take 'em off.

Powdercoat turned out pretty sweet!

Would bead blasting the aluminum give a similar effect? I remember what your KW axles looked like.

I see now how your tailgate lock works for a positive release. Genius

Horizontal ribs have always been my preference too Pete, that's what's common around here too.
Yeah I will probably take the pipes off with the first bucket of dirt!

I think the powder coat looks great although it looks more 70's disco in person. Next time I will choose a less metallic color. I think bead blasting will just make them look chalky and attract stains. Should I take yours in before they go in the mail?

The gate release works good in theory but not as good in reality. It is hard to get the geometry right with my current setup.

Big thanks to everybody for commenting!