View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 11:27 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hauling Dirt out of my basement (present day)

Well... if you were looking specifically for "rc construction equipment", what other tags would one add? Some of my vids with the most views are the ones with "Road" in the title, I guess for sure I should add that one!

I brought my lil hoe (I guess I call it now ) to the workbench last nite for an oil change, 1st time it's left the quarry since... maybe last Spring. Last summer the stick cyl started to drip... didn't take long to make the entire model grimy!

Every other wk I suck out the oil from the reservior, squeeze out the cyls activating the servos with pump off, then put in fresh oil. I haven't clean the filter in a long time & it seemed my cycle speed was slowing down lately -> clogged filter maybe?

The glass jar has laquer thinner in it too clean the brass filter. I soaked & blew with pressurized air a few times, then left to soak in fresh thinner overnite. There was only a few grains of sediment left to be seen in the jar. I put the filter to my mouth (bleh) and blew before I cleaned, didn't seem restricted at all.

Anyways, used a roll of mini towels (toilet paper ) & a few Q-tips, it's fairly clean again... back to work.