View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 02:26 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hauling Dirt out of my basement (present day)

Welcome aboard to the rc constr model scene pigeonfarmboy, I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as I have.

I have an idea in my head of what I'd like to do Greg, but it really won't be a reality for yrs to come... I think I'll have to quit farming 1st so I have some sunny days of free time.

I finally got my package of parts from Stahl last week, now I'm out of time to fix the adt anytime soon...

And I got a package from Vario Germany last week too... at the time I discovered another missing part, I thought I'd get some other parts sent with it too, the long delay has been from waiting on these other parts to be made... the other parts arrived to me last week, but they forgot to put the missing part in the box too -----> this is becoming too comical for words... I should be wearing the paint off the bucket by now, instead it's no further along than the last set of pics many months ago.

Spring has finally arrived & we have gone more than a week now without a blizzard! Might be dry enough next week to start some seeding prep fieldwork. We got flooded out here, the worst I've seen it in all my life. My house is fine & more importantly "the quarry" is unscathed, but my cows/calves/corrals have gotten a little damp during the last month.

One of many less travelled roads purposely opened up so as to keep main grid roads from going under water. There is only one road to town & there were a few times when that one was almost lost. What a year it has been for excess moisture... I hope we didn't get the next decade's worth all in last yr?! lol

I've managed to haul out some dirt over the last month, some from atop the wall & some from below... lots more to go yet... after mud bogging.. 'er seeding.

Joe