View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 12:43 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hauling Dirt out of my basement (present day)

Dean, I've been watching the news & seeing you easterners are getting hammered with moisture... sure glad I didn't get that snow you guys got last week.

Yep Freddy, another late start again this yr. Hard pressed to get any preseeding work accomplished with heavy fog & light showers these past few days again. Some neighbors started seeding last week, but were getting stuck atleast once a day. I hope to start thurs or fri, weather permitting. It shows sunshine the rest of the week, but that could change to showers tomorrow.

I've been eyeballing my parents yard, what to do, where to build, what kind of dirt work project to begin there and to make it an any weather/all season arena.

I've been thinking about selling the cattle herd... too much of a workload in the spring with calving/branding/fence mending/seeding/ect and this yr has been a real mess of everything with the extreme winter weather. Since BSE of May '03, the cattle herd has been barely sustaining itself, I'm getting paid only a few thousand annually for all this aggravation and this fall it'll be a negative income with the wreck I had this spring! I don't even like cows, I just tolerate them. Since my father passed, I haven't been further than 100 miles from home in 3yrs... I've just about talked myself into getting rid of them.

And if I did, the barn will make a great area for a trk park of 36 x 72. Although it's just a tin dome with no heat, could be a little chilly in dec/jan. Within the structure there's an insulated calving parlor 24 x 10 (dirt floor, winter quarry zone) and an upstairs sleeping quarters 30 x 10 (that could be my Lil Giants workshop)

Hmmm, new possibilities, all of this just occured to me now. Shop just a few hundred yards away, mig welder and many other metal working tools in there, as well as a proper cement floor for a bigger lathe & mill (tax write off ) Perhaps something to look forward too, for a changed!

May even make a video like you posted of JensR, there'd be lots of room for a body of water in there.

Joe