View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 08:34 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hauling Dirt out of my basement (present day)

I think I have done a lot of things in the basement mine with the equip that would have gotten me fired in real life hitachi, but don't tell anybody.

That DX8 has never glitched Greg. A very fine radio to use & setup for these constr models. ...the shortest haul? you're one of many that have made that very same comment... I never gave it a thought at the time, just what a savings it would be not to drag the dirt twice before sending it over the edge.

It seems my photobucket account has been over used lately! The pics I was gonna post today may not appear... it kinda blew my mind to see 9000+ views on my Scale4x4 thread in the last week alone & I've had nearly 50 subs on youtube this wkend, mostly cdn & Sweden.

Also, I got a PM on Scale from an aussie internet news media wanting to interview me about my basement excavation... don't know why the sudden popularity?

Last week, I got the pile cleaned up from below the wall.

Then I piled some dirt high in the opening behind the water heater, what I mined out last winter, make room for more stock piling... I don't want haul out any more dirt till I get the south wall backfilled... wouldn't it be goofy if I had to haul dirt back in?

Dribbling some water again last week to soften up the dirt on the wall.

Was ready to go on the wall again last night when all the sudden I see oil dripping off the bucket. Turns out I have a small pin hole leak on the backside of the bucket cyl barrel.

I go to plumber tomorrow morning to get the right kind of solder necessary for repair and maybe a lesson too to do it correctly.

Joe