View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 06:17 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hauling Dirt out of my basement (present day)

cbazq271, I had a terrible time with my swing drive.. there's a proper way to set up a worm drive system & I didn't know it at the time.. I tried afterward, but I think I ruined my gears already & couldn't get it to work anyway.

Frank had this prototype vertical direct mount that he sent me to try & that solved all my violent pulsating problems.

PFB complained of the same problem and his hoe was built by Vario..

With my latest goodies from Fumotec I got three of these vertical swing drives for my fellow hobbyists in north america who have one of these Vario 850's.. it requires some machining on your part, the output shaft of the vertical motor is smaller diameter than the pinion gear and too short as well. You will have to make a steel bushing/longer shaft to connect pinion directly on motor.

PFB is welcome to one, you can have one cbazq and one left yet. They cost me 45 euro, you can PP me $60usd + shipping, PM me your address. I'll get it out to you next week sometime.

I think my problem with that bearing on the pump Neil & Nathan is perhaps the bearing slipped out of place a wee bit & was rubbing on the belt pulley.. friction = heat -> cooked the bearing.

I lock-tite the new bearing in place and shimmed the support plate out a bit too.

850 is back together and working fine.

Joe