View Single Post
Old 10-25-2014, 09:21 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 4 Hour Bruder Dozer

Well, this thread should not be called "4 Hour Bruder Dozer" anymore. I spent at least 5 hours working on it just today alone!lol

I finished up the sprockets and made new idlers for the front and rear. I'm cheap so the plan is to TIG weld nuts to the chain again like I did on my 955K and EC300. I wish I could just use K1 links but it's not in the budget. Right now it is still running the 360 servos that I put in it to begin with. They are only 50-60oz/in so they need to be upgraded. In the video it is only running off of 4, AA batteries. After filming the video, I wired in a BEC switched to 6v and ran everything off of a 7.2v battery. It was a definite improvement but still not enough for metal tracks. I made the hubs so that they can be drilled out to fit on gear motors should I ditch the servo idea. I may just go that route instead of using high torque servos but I will have to see what fits best in the model and my budget.

Here's how things are turning out so far. Kinda like putting lipstick on a pig I suppose....

http://youtu.be/jGtNWZWy_1s

Thanks for looking.