View Single Post
Old 10-20-2015, 08:23 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of
Default Re: My excavator nothing special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigford View Post
WOW you wasted no time stripping her down!!!
Thanks I really like the excavator and just wanted to paint it to change it up a little. During taking it apart it is odd to see how they were so precise on some things and not others. The newer ones with the forth valve and updated cylinders are nice models. The only other improvement I could suggest they make is some sort of gear reduction between the motor and pump like the Vario and others use this is also one of the upgrades I am doing while I have it apart. It was defiantly a plus when the added the forth valve which makes the hyd system more like the real machines acting like a variable output pump. With the upgrades they have done it makes the new one hard to beat for the price and will be a good model for the general hobbyist or you could be like Martin on you tube (digging with martin) and just abuse the heck out of it and it just keeps going like the energizer bunny.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11