Thread: Todays Rant
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 03:17 AM

Trucker47 is on a distinguished road
Default Todays Rant

Well to say the least today was just bad ontop of more bad for me i went out to the shop to work on my robotics project for school at about 2 in the afternoon and within 5 minutes i brake a drill bit from my brand new set that i just got then while putting in a 1.5mm set screw i break one of my nice inetgy hex drivers so at this point i think i've hit rock bottum for today and it can only get better, boy was i wrong. I had to make an adapter from a 3mm motor shaft to a 10-24 threaded rod and lucky for me i managed to ruin 2 of them while tapping in the 10-24 rod by now i was really starting to get pissed off so i decided to move onto something else. For my project i need to make 3; 2 inch actuators so i milled out a end cap with a 3mm hole to attach to my project. cutting this out went perfect some how, which started to make me happy. But then when i attached it to the rod, the "perfectly marked out holes" were off even though i measures twice and cut once. i assembled the pieces without noticing this and put in the set screw and cut it off so it could be flush with the OD of the inner tube and so it could slide into the outter tube, so by now i i have it all assembled and polished so the tube could easily slide in and out. But then since the holes were off the cap just fell out and the set screw, well now is stuck in my end cap that took an hour to mill out
by now i was starting to get sloppy in my work because i was so angry but i had to keep goin since i dont have a whole lot of time left to work on it. And now for the finale to my terrible build day. i was doing a little bit of structual soldering with some brass tubing and because it was with large tubing it retains heat for a while before cooling down cold enough to hold. I somehow forgot this and picked up a piece and burt off about 3 of my finger prints... well that todays rant. hopefully tomorrow goes better

Thanks,
Chris