View Single Post
Old 06-20-2015, 04:54 AM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Scaleart - assembling an Arocs 8x8 roll on roll off kipper

Hi Alen, I'm working on it Putting this thing together is addictive in a weird kind of way.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Now we getting to the parts that are not amongst my favourites.

Installing the cluster of servos for the transfer box lock, steering and gearbox.

Starting with the biggest one, steering servo.

Installed and bits for the bowden cable attachment laid out.

At this point I figured I'd better centre these things. Rummaged around till I found my servo tester and started out centring them all. (I also did the ones already on the truck)

Next up the 2 smaller ones. Right the one for the transfer lock, left the one for the gearshifts.

First the gear shift servo goes in. Only gets fastened on one side at this point. The other side gets fixed together with the other servo.

And all three installed. Had to remove the holder for the bowden cable to get the last servo in place. Easy to do and re-install.

Then the whole assembly slides into the front of the frame and gets attached with 4 M2 screws. (All the holes in the frame holding the servos are threaded)

I had done a trial fitting before, and the power cables of the motor had to be bend out of the way. Very tight in there.

Bit tricky too as the assembly has to be shoved in between these 2 rows of screws in the frame.

Assembly in place (but not yet screwed on)

View from below after screwing it in place

View from the front

Next will be trimming the servo horns, doing gear box link, steering link and the bowden cables for the diff locks etc.