View Single Post
Old 06-23-2015, 08:58 AM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Scaleart - assembling an Arocs 8x8 roll on roll off kipper

Spend time sorting out the settings. Lucky the RC is pre-programmed by ScaleART for their models. Saves a lot of time. Just pick the variation you want and you got the basic settings.

Of course they still need a bit of fine tuning.

Had a bit of a problem with the ESC ... took me a while to figure out how to do it. First spend time looking for the jumper before I realised it was already on the ESC although on the wrong pins. Then couldn't get the jumper off the pins so I could move them to the program pins to "marry" the ESC to the Sender. Had to cut the heat shrink off. Also having the instructions in technical German was a tad confusing ..

Well got it all sorted

Just one little problem ... mixed up the plug position from the trailer coupling servos with that of the gearbox servo and succeeded in burning out the one from the gearshift ... Lucky the one from the trailer coupling in the back is the same. So guess I will have a manual trailer coupling until the new servo I ordered arrives.

Meanwhile the truck has moved under its own power. Now just sort out some little niggles in the servo settings. Like why the front diff lock servo locks the diff when I turn on the power etc.