View Single Post
Old 05-05-2018, 07:42 PM
Green Horn

Wombii is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Scania airport fire truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabco View Post
Screw something up, toss it and try it again.
That is the true skill to master. It's so difficult to throw away something you've worked on for weeks, but sometimes you just have to start fresh. The next time will always be easier.

I'm hoping to do an intro to LED stuff and Arduino for RC purposes if I find the energy. There's a little bit more info on my Arduino project in the album and in the thread on the other forum, but I'll be sharing as much as possible, including wiring diagrams for the whole truck.
In short, the Arduino is decoding the SBUS signals from the receiver and controlling all the lights. It will also be controlling the water pump and servos for the water cannon and some trickery with a sound module. The switches on the troubleshooting/interface panel can be used for switching the lights without a radio when displaying the truck. The only functions running directly from the receiver will be ESC, steering and gear servo.

SMD LEDs are fragile, but cheap. 3528 LEDs are a nice start and almost as easy to solder as normal LEDs. They can take a lot more beating than 2835 and 1206 which will rip themselves apart when they hear you turn on the soldering iron. 5050 are bright and big enough to pick up, but they have 3 pads on each side, and one will desolder when soldering another. Just buy enough of them and you won't stress when they burn