View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 10:35 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kenworth 850 Off Highway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Beautiful Reg! All the details sure paid off. The handles, the windshield, the wipers, and paint all turned out really nice. You have to be happy with the results! The 850 looks great driving around in your videos. It's very sharp.

Did I read right, that your differentials have already let go? You might want to give these E-Savage differential kits a try. Made by a Canadian shop as well, so shipping shouldn't kill you.

http://gcmracing.ca/viewitem.php?productid=44

For your cab clearance lights, I would just run 3mm orange LEDs inside them, with the appropriate dropping resistors, which depends on your battery source. It's pretty easy to figure out. It's hard to tell, but are your headlights already functional too? In some of the photos it looks like you have white LEDs inside them, or else it's just the aluminum reflecting the natural light. You could probably try warm white LEDs there too.
Still a few things missing detail wise but it's getting there. Yes the headlights are lit and so are the side makers on the fenders. I'm not sure what route I will take with the clearance lights. I'm thinking that may be a winter project.

The diffs are fine until I pull a generator across the floor or load it with logs and drive on the gravel.. I pulled apart the rear diff Thursday night and it was sick(I had one spare set of spiders). I think they are sick again so I need to do something different. I will shoot those guys an email and see if their upgrade will work with my axle shafts. I almost bought aluminum housings in the beginning but didn't. I would like to do the upgrade that adds another shaft and bevel gear set. That would help displace the load more evenly on the side gears. I think I am expecting a lot trying to move around close to 100lbs with these tiny little pieces.