View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 12:32 PM
Green Horn

cdm is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My Mruder (bruder cat320 something look alike)

Decided to test the rc4 cyllinders today since they are very stiff so i had some doubts about what it will take to get them to move. With your instructions from the other thread servo setup on the valve took less than 10 seconds, including remounting the horn. Thanks! So easy to zero it in i was surprised actually. Response is amazing with the digital unit. Not sure if the video shows it but i can feather the stick for instant response all along the range. I have mixes off but can turn those back on after the pump is broken in to further modulate the speed and power depending on stick pos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wHPCyrJkvg

12bar stock on this pump @ 29% power on the motor (can go all the way to 125% if i want to). Tried to hand grab the bucket and no dice. it kept moving so power is awesome from what i can see so far. Took it easy as the pump is still new but from what i can tell, no leaks on the leimbach gear.

Going to go test the other cyllinders now but i expect no leaks there either. If you can live with the 6mm mounting holes and the sizes they are in, they seem a great unit that you can get stateside. So far.

Back to working on the main boom now.