View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 02:39 PM
Green Horn

cdm is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My Mruder (bruder cat320 something look alike)

Lower boom after its first primer. Lots of little things left to smooth out. I should have just cut it out of solid stock. There is now enough metal (alum angles, u channels, threaded rods) in it to say that weight savings are nil.

The only weak point i can think of are the mounting ears for the short section. If those break though (can't see why unless i push it) i can make the whole part out of 1/4 stock. But for now i'll just carry on with the reinforced bruder ears, which i still need to trim out to get max travel. If they break i'll make a new part. If they dont, less work for me.

started working on the boom to chassis mounts. then i wore out my blades. waiting on the new one to get in, should be in tomorrow. i really have no tools to cut stainless. even aluminum destroys what i have in no time. hmmm.

also ordered a new esc to handle the voltage. the one i was using was only up to 8.6v and it didn't like the heat. good brushed escs are hard to come by it seems. but china to the rescue. got one up to 18v with built in cooling so i should be covered.

Last edited by cdm; 12-20-2012 at 02:48 PM.