View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 11:42 PM
Green Horn

cdm is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My Mruder (bruder cat320 something look alike)

Began working on mounting the main boom (which will use another detail over before the paint goes on)

had to chop up the cyllinders a bit at the base and replace a few 13mm orings. 1 due to my fault, the other chipped from the factory and leaking. anyhow, i couldnt mount the boom today because I decided to go with 5mm shaft vs the original 6mm. the outer collar for the 6mm is way too thick requiring too much material removal for my taste (less material = less strenght). 5mm i can go down to 8mm OD or 10mm OD vs 13mm OD for the 6mm shaft which is used for the cyllinders themselves.

parts are on order for that part. as soon as i mount the base of the boom i'll be able to begin cutting and bracing the little "ears" to shape and make them all pretty along with any other metal pieces i need to pretty up. i wont leave them square

in other news, the body is getting extended. why, you'll see later. simple version: its too small. but i'll cheat! i'll extend the upper canopy and just add solid material to the base plastic on the outside.

so much for a quick and fast build eh. you know, you double the boom and go with 14mm bore hydraulics, and expect to keep the stock bruder. im such a noob..

in other other news... leimbach uses 4mm holes on the pump and filter, 3mm on the valve and reservoir.

my last batch of 90d connectors only fit half the joints. but at ~7euros for 1 of the 4mm ones, i might just ignore them.

Last edited by cdm; 12-30-2012 at 11:47 PM.