View Single Post
Old 08-24-2015, 06:30 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road
Default Re: S&M construction open for bizz nizz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyathome View Post
That is a very cool back yard.
ive seen alot of home make over garden shows due to the wives interests , now if they had gardens like yours I would be dead keen to watch the shows.

nice job

cheers andy
Thanks Andy I appreciate it. . And what a great idea! How about a gardening show that uses nothing but RC's ? That way everybody is happy and the husband and wife are watching TV together once again. Lol
My park is reality, and there's all kinds of reality TV shows out there. Why not have another?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
I wonder if you will get the same shyt storm of publicity that Joe got years ago? Hopefully all the negative comments from "normal people" don't follow. Oh well, even if you become the new weirdo who plays in his backyard with "children's toys" we will all still be here for you. I think it's great that you got some attention. You have put in a lot of effort to assemble that fleet and have built a great area to play in. I can't believe all the people we meet at shows that had no idea this existed and how impressed they are with it. Your backyard being in a paper like that is a great way to bring more people into the hobby.
Thanks Reg. the reporter emailed me saying my story got bumped, a few things happened in the city so he said it'll be next weekend before he can publish.
I'm sure I'll get some negative comments but if they say I'm crazy, that means everyone of you guys and all the others on other forums are crazy too! Strenght in numbers I say.
yes I'd like to help grow and give the hobby exposure. best case scenario, I find one or two locals who are in the hobby and I won't feel so lonely in my big park all by myself. ....and they can't be weird or psyco!..... Could be alone for awhile....

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1210 View Post
Great finding, just saw your post on FB. Do you have any photo of how the light poles will look at night?
Thanks. I've tried a couple times to get pics with my IPad but end up with a pic that looks like a bunch of white dots.
my wife has our digital camera and is out of town right now so can't take decent pics till next weekend. I'll post.
The lights are about 20" from the ground and cast a light of about 2.5 - 3ft in diameter. The brightness would be about the same as a typical night light in a hallway or kids bedroom I guess?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikem View Post
Hi Mario looks great ,maybe one day Mack might crawl out your pit road ! Mike
Thanks Mike. Don't speak so hypothetically! Remove the maybe and say , " one day Mack will crawl out your pit road" .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucker_Jo View Post
Super cool! I am impressed, also a little jealous I also would like to see night shots with the lights.
Thanks Jo. I'm sorry you feel jealous but glad too . This is my " field of dreams" I'm building it so people will want to come.

Didn't make it all for myself. Ever since I went to Indy and experienced RC heaven, everything I've done since that trip is try to bring that experience home to my backyard. I have the scene, now I just need the people.