View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 09:52 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Super Bling trailer mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazdaparts View Post
Looks great. Really liking the quad axle as well. Are you going to remove the uprights?
Thanks for looking.
I just knew someone was going to ask me about the uprights..... They have to stay on for 2 reasons....#1 - the main use of this trailer is to haul beer to my back yard gazebo. When friends are over for drinks , I load the trailer , sit in the house looking out a bedroom window , and drive the load of beer out to the gazebo. Everyone gets a good chuckle when I do it , honking the horn as I arrive....lol
With the uprights I can lay 3 cans or bottles across the deck perfectly and then stack 2 on top of that, the chains then keep it all secure. The original length trailer could hold 15 bottles or 26 cans ! New length should hold a complete 24 bottles.
Reason #2- when I installed the additional trailer side rails I wanted to hide the seam. I did this by cutting original rails very near to the uprights mounting block. The seam is hidden behind the mount. No uprights means my seam will show.
Future plans is to find a way to secure cans or bottles to the deck without the uprights and cover up the seam with a decal or something.

Thanks for looking

Mario