View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 01:15 AM
Apprentice

DADSGARAGE is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 777 HAUL TRUCK (1/12 size)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Really enjoyed your videos. I watched some of the others as well. The 110 pound load and incline test was pretty impressive! You did a nice job putting this model together, that's for sure. It doesn't seem to lack any power! Maybe you could even gear it up a little for a touch more speed.
Glad you like the vids....I'm also impressed with how much power that little motor/gear box has too!!! (almost scary ) time will tell how long it will stay together, it does like to strech that #25 chain...should have used #35 but for now I will run it with the #25 and see what happens. Your right it could be geared up a bit to get more speed , but first I want to see how it will handle a big load driving in the dirt/grass and not on a concrete floor ( that sounds like a good reason to make another video...LOL )

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDH429 View Post
Great Job! Watching it come together using the painted parts really puts a smile on your face ill bet. The actuator speed and power is perfect. One of the coolest dumps here. Congats.
Thanks!!! Yup....I think every builder has a smile on their face the first time they get to see the model taking shape with all the newly paint parts!!

The actuator does work well in this application and was a very simple way to replace using telescopic hydraulic cylinders.... however it does in this case take away from the looks of the truck box , doesn't look great but it does work...LOL

Not sure of it being the coolest dump truck on here, but I'll bet it's one of the heaviest!!! Thanks again !!