View Single Post
Old 01-15-2021, 05:30 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: LilGiantsConstrCo

Long time - no update... something like 50,000 views since last fall, so ppl are still coming to have a look to see what's new at this forum. I'm still in recovery from my broken heel/ankle from July 2019, dealing with pain everyday, but it's getting better. Still digging, screening, crushing, hauling outside, moved a lot of dirt in the last 6 months.

I thoroughly soaked another 5 cu/yd through October, left it to dry/firm up through November and it was good digging conditions 1st couple weeks of December.

Piled the wet dirt over in the SE & NE corners, haul it up to ground level in a couple months or summer.

This area is the NW corner, ripped it dry with the JD850 hyd pressure turned up to 45-48 bar, not sure, gauge numbers stop at 40, needle went a ways past. Took about 6 inches, some of it huge lumps. The dirt floor is really rough too, I walk through this area towards the tunnel, I don't want to soak it but not sure what other options I have to do it with rc equipment. I guess I could swing a pick axe to make a narrow smooth track to walk/drive through, soak the rest of area to soften clay.

All this dry dirt in my lean-to at ground level came from NW corner basement.

Put it through the screener, then into the big crusher; pile the really large lumps that won't fit in the crusher off to the side to break down smaller with an rc drill attachment on the hoe that I made earlier this fall, works surprising well with a stepper drill bit.

I built this short retaining wall last August, gives me a definitive separation between processed dirt & the high road around outside perimeter. Building up the outside road with small lumpy dirt that's been through the big crusher once & the fines screened out.

Joe